Arboreal is a brand new, immersive digital environment, created by 2016 Lumen Prize award winners and animators David Glicksman and Moses Journey. Highlights of the experience include:
- Become a DJ to create your own beats and loops in a magical crystal cave.
- Interact with digital fireflies as they swirl and land on you – don’t forget to get a selfie
- Try to win our multiplayer memory game against our acoustic amphibians – you’ll need to be quick!
- Spot digital creatures moving in huge floor-to-ceiling projections and propel pixel bugs to feed a glowing, greedy animated monster
- Dodge the glow-worms as they chase you on the interactive forest floor
- Play against a friend on our giant dynamic pinball machine
Shapeshift, one floor up, features three large-scale exhibits where your physical movements trigger a digital response.
- Interact with floor-to-ceiling digital exhibits that respond to YOU
- Move your body to control, morph and effect the exhibits
- Draw on a tablet to see your creation brought to life by flipping black and white discs
- Interact with giant touchscreens to control multi-coloured shapes and different sounds
- See butterflies appear as a floor-to-ceiling projection senses your movement
- Jump, dance and move and see the thousands of tiny particles respond on a huge projection screen.
These two shows, which will run for six months, are a collaboration with Lumen, Universal LIVE and Eurkea.