22/09/2019 — 22/09/2019
V&A Digital Weekend: Collecting Digital Objects
V&A Hocchauser Auditorium, V&A Museum
Collecting Digital and Intangible Objects
Lumen Art Projects, owner of the Lumen Prize, is proud to be collaborating with the V&A on a panel discussion as part of V&A’s Digital Design Weekend. A partner from our VR conservation collaboration at Tate, Tom Ensom, a winner of the Lumen Founder’s Award, Nicole Schauerman plus our CEO, Carla Rapoport will all be participating. Further details of the panel are below. Seats are free but allocated on a first come, first served basis, so please don’t be late.
Date: Sunday 22 September – 14.00 to 15.300
This panel discussion will explore how the cultural heritage sector can adapt its practices to include digital materiality and intangibility, including views from artists who build for preservation, maintainability or choose purposefully to design ephemeral objects.
- Corinna Gardner, Senior Curator of Design & Digital at the V&A (Chair)
- Tom Ensom, Tate, Digital Conservator
- Carla Rapoport, Founder and CEO of Lumen Art Projects and Lumen Prize
- Nicola Schauerman (Genetic Moo), Interactive artist &Lumen Prize Founder Award winner
- Natalie Kane, Curator of Digital Design at the V&A
Share this event